My little blog is still just a baby at 6 weeks old, but I have published 35 posts to date and I’m very proud of it. I work full-time and blog in the evenings and the weekends (in addition to cooking and photography) so it’s a big investment in time. It also brings me tremendous joy, which I hope comes through in my posts. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t do it. It’s a hobby for me, but it’s also a passion.
I am beyond honored and humbled to be nominated by Tony Meets Meat for the Versatile Blogger Award. Tony makes truly drool-worthy meat dishes that will make masculine, chest pounding men sit down and read his blog, and possibly shed a tear or two. Tony has worked in over 20 kitchens in hotels and restaurants. You definitely need to go and check out his blog for fantastic recipes and inspiration.
As a nominee, I must follow the rules, so here we go:
1. Acknowledge the person who nominated you by thanking them and posting a link to their blog.
2. Share 10 interesting things about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 more bloggers.
Some interesting things about me. I guess it’s up to you whether they are interesting or not!
- I was born and raised in Southern California. I moved to Colorado in 2009 and have no desire to move back.
- My husband and I met on eHarmony in 2004 and have been married since December of 2005. eHarmony even sent us a crystal bowl from Tiffany & Co. as a wedding gift.
- My parents and grandparents were excellent cooks. Technically, my grandfathers were better at eating and cleaning up than cooking, but my dad was an amazing cook, as well as my mom and both grandmothers. I have never been to culinary school or taken any classes, but I am an avid Food Network watcher and have a big collection of cookbooks and have always loved experimenting in the kitchen. I was raised around good food and I always loved to help mom and dad in the kitchen when I was growing up.
- Photography is another passion of mine, so this blog is extremely fulfilling for me. I get to cook, photograph, be creative, and share. It doesn’t get much better than that.
- My mom and step dad and sister lived in Germany for two years when my step dad worked for General Dynamics. I spent 6 weeks in Europe when I was 15. It was an experience I will never forget.
- I am highly claustrophobic. It’s no joke and I hate it.
- I love God, I love my country, I love my family, I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for and am blessed beyond measure.
- I am a marketing coordinator and event planner by day. I am highly organized and am fortunate enough that my work experience has really prepared me for launching this blog. I am in charge of our social media at work, as well as updating our business blog, among my other responsibilities.
- My only living grandparent is my grandma Joanie and she is 103 years old and will be 104 in September. She is the oldest of 11 siblings and only she and one sister remain. She is my hero and I am so thankful she is still with us. She is a bright spot and a gift.
- My heritage is Italian, so you will find a lot of garlic in my recipes. I also talk with my hands all the time, but that shouldn’t impact this blog, I just am notorious for knocking things over when I’m talking and I crack myself up when it happens. I have spilled more wine from talking while sober than I ever have when I’ve gotten a little tipsy.
And, without further ado, here are my nominees. These are all blogs that I follow and drawn inspiration from. Please go and follow them. You won’t be sorry.
- Cooking up the Pantry
- Local Kitchen Blog
- Recipes Recipes Recipes
- Italian Home Kitchen
- Jovina Cooks Italian
- A Tasty Life
- Taste Food
- Emerging Adult Eats
- The Traveling Pantry
Thanks again Tony for the nomination!